Welcome to another motivational episode! Today’s guest has competed in numerous triathlons and athletic events, including the ITU World Championships. Introducing, Creighton Wong, Consultant at Exponential Clients and Business Operations & Head of Marketing at Architect Helpers. Creighton sits down with host Gregory McDonough and shares how he grounds himself in the present to gain a profound sense of serenity and renewal. Brace yourself for an uplifting story as Creighton takes the stage.
- The endurance mindset has had a transformative effect on Creighton's life, revealing the liberating truth that he shouldn’t burden himself with the pressure to achieve perfection or success. Through trials and errors in numerous races, Creighton realized he no longer needed to chastise himself in the face of defeat. Triumph does not solely define one's existence.
- Creighton discovered embracing the present moment, by immersing himself in the now. The significance of pausing shifted his focus to appreciate the preciousness of his surroundings. By grounding himself in the present, he experiences a profound sense of serenity and renewal. This allows him to recharge his spirit, leaving him feeling revitalized for the journey ahead.
- Creighton's passion for endurance races ignited when he encountered a remarkable kindred spirit, Sarah Reinertsen, who, like him, overcame the challenges of being an above-the-knee amputee. Her indomitable spirit resonated within him, driving him to embark on his journey in the world of racing. Eventually, this brought Creighton and Sarah together, allowing him to meet his true muse and continue to draw strength from her remarkable example.
- In his early races, Creighton found himself as the sole challenged athlete amidst a sea of competitors. Growing up without the guidance of a mentor who shared his condition, he faced an uphill battle in staying motivated despite the obstacles he encountered. However, this absence catalyzed a transformative realization within himself. He was determined to become the mentor he never had for young challenged athletes. He aspired to guide these individuals, offering them the support and guidance he yearned for during his formative years.
- One aspect that deeply resonated with Creighton within the triathlon community was the unwavering support that permeated every interaction. He felt welcomed by the genuine encouragement that flowed amongst its members. The community exuded positivity, embracing an optimistic outlook and perspective on every challenge they encountered. The transformative power of this positive support network infused his life with renewed inspiration, fortitude, and belief in his ability to overcome any obstacle.
Quote of the Show:
- “We are not what we are on our worst days.” - Creighton Wong
Ways to Tune In:
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- Podcast Addict
- Player FM
- Listen Notes
Keep up to date on our social media accounts:
Creators and Guests
Greg McDonough is a seasoned executive who has owned and operated businesses in the professional services sector, navigating them through both good and tough times. He brings his personal experience of knowing what it’s like to be ‘in the owner’s seat’ when working with clients, taking time to ask the questions others may not.