Welcome to an electrifying episode! Today, we have a guest who's absolutely on fire with his passion for conquering obstacles, achieving audacious goals, and being an extraordinary inspiration to his community. Brace yourselves because he's conquered not one, not two, but an astounding five ultra-marathons, including a grueling 100-mile race, and even earned the coveted ticket to The Boston Marathon. His impressive achievements have earned him a slew of accolades, such as the prestigious Charleston 40 Under 40 Award and the Charleston Best & Brightest Under 35 recognition. Please welcome the remarkable Ryan Cass, the Senior Manager at Boeing, the visionary Founder of Won Day, and the Co-Founder of Champion Tribe. Today, Ryan joins forces with our exceptional host, Gregory McDonough, to ignite your passion for building an unbreakable endurance mindset, setting audacious goals, and creating rock-solid systems for success. He's all about putting people first and making a lasting impact, and he'll be sharing his invaluable insights on harnessing habits and routines while fearlessly embracing life's most daunting challenges. Get ready for an episode that's bound to leave you exhilarated and inspired!
- Sharing how his mindset of endurance has impacted his life, Ryan emphasized the importance of shifting the narrative and not falling victim to circumstances. Leaders can cultivate an endurance mindset by reframing challenges as opportunities for growth and focusing on long-term goals.
- It is important to set goals and build a system around them. Ryan highlights the practice of writing goals down and being intentional about them. Anyone can benefit from setting clear goals, developing systems to achieve them, and regularly reviewing progress if they put their mind to it.
- Along with accomplishing goals, it is important to give back and serve others in the process. Ryan shares how his involvement with Big Brothers Big Sisters prioritizes youth and focuses on making a positive difference in their lives.
- Habits and routines are both something that is important to Ryan in his day to day life. He discusses habit stacking, which involves incorporating new habits with existing ones. By leverageing habits and routines, you can create structure, increase productivity, and stay consistent in pursuing goals.
- Ryan highlights the importance of embracing discomfort and challenges while sharing his love for cold plunges. This builds resilience in preparation for future battles. He encourages people to embrace challenges, push past their comfort zones, and develop resilience in the face of obstacles.
- Changing the world starts by helping one person at a time. As leaders, we can strive to make a difference in the lives of others and create a culture of support and growth within our respective organizations.
Quote of the Show:
- “Choose the hard right over the easy wrong.” -Ryan Cass
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanacass/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Boeing
- Boeing Website: https://www.boeing.com/
- Champion Tribe Website: https://www.championtribe.win/
- Won Day Website: https://wondaytoday.com/
- Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/win-today/id1550874329
Ways to Tune In:
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/580aLDKac1ld031W4nWDtp
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/chief-endurance-officer/id1680214218?uo=4
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy50cmFuc2lzdG9yLmZtL2NoaWVmLWVuZHVyYW5jZS1vZmZpY2Vy
- Amazon Music: https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/3c96880f-8dcd-4a6e-b1c8-fda816f872a9
- Podcast Addict: https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/4340732
- Deezer: https://www.deezer.com/show/5897357
- Player FM: https://player.fm/series/series-3462719
- Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/chief-endurance-officer-5250102
- Listen Notes: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/chief-endurance-officer-ringmaster-KMdv2I8XwkN/
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/d4bZrw91t78
Keep up to date on our social media accounts:
Creators and Guests
Greg McDonough is a seasoned executive who has owned and operated businesses in the professional services sector, navigating them through both good and tough times. He brings his personal experience of knowing what it’s like to be ‘in the owner’s seat’ when working with clients, taking time to ask the questions others may not.